Solar in 2023: A Homeowner’s Guide
Have you been thinking about going solar for a while? Now is the time to take action! The cost of solar PV panels is going down, and there are some great solar incentives available to help reduce your installation costs.
My Generation Energy is here to help you take advantage of solar savings in 2023. In this guide, we’ll talk about the state of solar energy in 2023, how you can take advantage of solar rebates and incentives, and the benefits you’ll enjoy once you install your solar system.
Solar Panel Costs Are Dropping Rapidly
The solar industry is growing, and much of its growth is due to falling costs. The cost to install solar panels in Massachusetts has dropped by 52% over the past 10 years, according to SEIA. If you’ve been waiting for solar panels to get cheaper as technologies improve, the wait is over. Solar costs are down and it’s time to start saving with your own rooftop solar system.
Solar Incentives Make PV Panels Even More Affordable in 2023
When you install solar panels on your roof, you’re not the only person who benefits. The more rooftop solar that’s installed in the United States, the less fossil fuel we will consume, which is good for the environment and will help the US meet its clean energy goals. Grid-tied residential solar panel systems also strengthen the grid and make it more reliable. Because of the widespread benefits, the state and federal governments offer incentives to help homeowners install solar panels.
Here are some of the best national and Massachusetts solar incentives in 2023:
- The Inflation Reduction Act Solar Tax Credit: The new Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) tax credit for solar allows you to reduce your federal tax liability by 30% of your solar installation costs. The federal solar tax credit translates into thousands of dollars in savings for most solar projects.
- Net Metering: Through Massachusetts’ net metering program, you can sell the excess electricity your solar panels generate to the grid. You’ll be paid in credit which can be used to offset the cost of the power you buy from the grid. Massachusetts recently relaxed its net metering cap in new climate legislation, making larger solar installations more attractive.
Take Advantage of the Benefits of Solar in 2023
Going solar has many benefits for homeowners, including:
- Reduced or eliminated electric bills
- Stabilized electricity costs
- 25+ years of reliable, clean energy
- Smaller carbon footprint
My Generation Energy can help you take advantage of all the benefits of solar for your home. We do solar right and only install solar panels and products we would want to have on our own homes. You can trust our team to listen to your concerns, consider your current and future electricity needs, and come up with a system design that works for you. We’ve been in business for over 14 years and have installed more than 1,200 solar energy systems.