If you’ve recently had electrical work done at your home or business, it is important to check your solar monitoring system to make sure it is functioning properly. Here are a few reasons why:
1. Electrical work can cause power outages: If you’ve had electrical work done on your main electrical panel, there is a chance that your solar system was turned off during the process. If your solar system was turned off, it may not have turned back on automatically once the power was restored. This means that you may not be generating solar power even though the sun is shining.
2. Electrical work can cause electrical surges: Electrical work can cause electrical surges which can damage your solar monitoring system. If your solar monitoring system is damaged, it may not be able to accurately report on your solar generation.
3. Electrical work can cause changes to your electrical system: If you had electrical work done to add new circuits or upgrade your electrical system, it is possible that your solar system is no longer properly connected to your electrical system. This could cause your solar system to not generate power or not report on your solar generation accurately.
To avoid these issues, it is important to check your solar monitoring system after any electrical work is done at your home or business. Here are a few things you can do:
1. Check your solar monitoring system online: Most solar monitoring systems have an online portal where you can check your solar generation. If you’re a My Generation Energy customer, you should log into your Enlighten solar monitoring system and make sure that your solar system is generating power. We encourage all of our customers to regularly monitor their systems in Enlighten to ensure that their systems are working properly.
2. Check your inverter: Your inverter is the device that converts the DC power generated by your solar panels into AC power that can be used in your home or business.
My Generation Energy uses microinverters in all of our solar installations. My Generation Energy system owners should check Enlighten to be sure all of the microinverters in their system (one under each panel) are functioning properly. Whenever your power goes out, there’s a chance breakers may have tripped, shutting down the system or interrupting the internet connection with Enlighten. It’s important to check Enlighten after any power disruption.
3. Contact your solar installer: If you notice any issues with your solar monitoring system after electrical work has been done, contact your solar installer. They will be able to help you troubleshoot any issues and ensure that your solar system is functioning properly.
In conclusion, it is important to check your solar monitoring system after any electrical work is done at your home or business. This will help ensure that your solar system is functioning properly and that you are generating solar power as expected.
Are you thinking about installing solar? My Generation Energy has been installing the highest quality solar design and installation on Cape Cod, the South Shore, South Coast and Greater Boston area since 2008.